Thursday, October 02, 2008

BLOGGING AGAIN!

Wow! It's been a while since my last post here. The reason: getting my life back to normal after my visit to Seattle/Vancouver.

A lot has happened since my last post. I'm still creating my own engine with XNA 3.0 (the latter is now out in beta), I submitted my demo game for the DBP compo, and we witnessed how a "ninja cat" approaches.

About my entry, well, it was created in 10 days ... the last 10 days before the submission deadline! I'm proud of the result but not proud at all about the code ... that implementation goes against of all my believes and practices in software design. But, it had to be done on time no matter what if I wanted to enter the compo. Why did I start so late? Well, that's a loooong story (maybe I'll blog about it some other time).

Man! There's a lot of great entries this year that really show off the power of XNA. If you want to take a look at them just go to http://video.msn.com/ and search for videos tagged, say, DBP? ... or "Dream Build Play", thanks Lawrence ;)

My favorites are ... well, I'll let you know after the results are in :-D

Ok, I think that's it for now but stay tuned since more is comming next!

2 comments:

  1. 10 DAYS!! I'm very impressed.
    Great stuff.

    BTW, when searching for DBP entries I'd recommend searching on "dream build play". Seems to be a lot more Tagged that way. 196 at last count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... I'd recommend searching on 'dream build play' ..."

    Noted.

    "Great stuff."

    Thanks, man :) ... and the video does not show the boss at the end of the level.

    "10 DAYS!!"

    That's why it needs a lot of optimizations, lol ... it's just a proof of concept.

    But you, my friend, you have a winner there!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? Post them here ...